Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Random Little Things.

Just a few random updates that don't warrant their very own post! 

I really enjoyed cooking the beef stew and dumplings and am excited to try more recipes. It is super fun to look through the cookery books (especially my new ones!) to figure out what to make next! I have convinced my parents to dig out their slow cooker as it has been at the back of a cupboard for quite some time. Maybe something with chicken next or perhaps Quorn so my mum could have some too! 

I also ordered a new casserole dish .... it is red, made of cast iron, and can be used on the hob and in the oven. How handy! I can't wait for it to arrive! 

Is anyone else a little bit in love with Pinterest? Hopefully it isn't just me! I think it is pretty wonderful and it is a much tidier update to a folder filled with magazine clippings! My Pinterest is here and it is about as random as this blog! 

I watched Kirstie Allsopp's television programme called Kirstie's Crafty Christmas and loved it! I even watched it on repeat .... a few times! She made various things including mince pie popcorn, glitter baubles, and cheesecake. Most exciting though was discovering that pom pom makers exist! No more faffing around with cardboard circles! After watching the programme I decided that my life would not be complete without a few of my own. They are such pretty colours too! 


I noticed recently that I wasn't seeing updates from pages that I had liked. It turns out that you have to select "get notifications" under the "liked" button otherwise the updates never appear in the main news feed! I had thought it strange that I wasn't seeing the new posts from blogs that I follow on there. The main reason I liked the pages in the first place was that I wanted a bit more positivity on my news feed. Glad to have them back now! 

A friend bought me this adorable squirrel just because. I think technically it is a Christmas decoration but this one is staying out all year! I love fluffy little creatures! 


I have been looking at seed catalogues. Helpfully they appear by magic through the post! I don't need many seeds or plants this year as I have quite the seed collection built up as so many magazines had free packets on them. I would quite like a new fruit tree as one of mine died last year. Luckily it was one of the teeny tiny ones! More organisation is needed in the garden this year. Maybe a nice and cohesive list and perhaps a little calendar so I know exactly when I have planted things and when they need to be picked. I really need to get the hang of successive planting too as I planted too much at once last year and we were over run with courgettes and runner beans! 

Blessings,

Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to dig out your slow cooker. I love using ours, and there are quite a few yummy slow-cooker recipes on the world of Pinterest :)

    Pom-pom makers! Wow! I don't make pom-poms frequently, but if I ever start doing more, I'll have to remember those. I'm sure they're much more convenient to use than cardboard.

    ReplyDelete