Saturday, 5 October 2013

New Faces and New Smiles.

Some of these darling faces you will recognise but some are new! I am so excited to have the chance to write to and pray for and just get to know these lovely children. Sponsorship really feels almost like a ministry to me. I always thought that I was too small and insignificant to make a difference and that problems like child poverty were just too big. I really was looking at it the wrong way! I am just one individual but so are the children in poverty. They can't all be grouped together and treated as a whole. They have different likes, dislikes, and needs. Some will open up to a sponsor and some have been too let down to trust again. 


I am working on some theme letters at the moment so each child gets a letter on each theme. This makes it easier for me now that I have nine children to write to. I am not the most organised person! So the main part of the letter will be the same, with minor adjustments for age, and then the start and end of the letter will be personalised. I don't have many ideas for theme letters so far and am trying to think of more. If you have any topics to suggest let me know! I am working on an Autumn themed letter at the moment, and am planning a daily life letter and something snow and Winter related too. 

Blessings,

Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are so cute!! Isn't it fun to be able to reach out to kids through writing and prayer? I bet they love hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!

      Oh I hope they do and don't just think I am crazy! x

      Delete