Sunday, 22 September 2013

My Little Book Shelf.

I recently reorganised my little book shelf because ... erm .... I needed more space for books! I do have a lot of books but at the same time I want to display my pretty knick knacks too. As the shelf is nice and tidy I thought it was the ideal time to take a photograph to share! 

My lovely pen pal send me the cards and the magnet so I wanted to display them! It is special when someone makes the effort to actually make a card or gift! 

I love Kisses from Katie so much and have read it twice now. It is the sort of book that inspires you to actually do something to help children! I also have four books from Rod & Staff which are the sweetest Mennonite stories! 


 


Quite a few of these books have been gifts from pen pals which I appreciate so much! I also keep my magazines on this shelf as I like to look back through them. There are also books that I have bought for myself such as the ones from King's Blooming Rose and those from the Castleberry family. 

I am not sure how long it will stay this tidy but for now it makes me smile when I look at that little corner! 

Blessings,

Jenny

8 comments:

  1. So satisfying to have such a neat, pretty spot.
    I notice you have some Little House books.
    They are among my favorites. By the Shores of Silver Lake and on through These Happy Golden Years are inspiring to me because of the
    work they did, accomplishing so much with very little. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Little House television show but haven't read many of the books - I guess they weren't as popular over here. The Little House books I have are both gifts from the sisters I write to in America! x

      Delete
  2. I have the same problem with my bookshelf. If I moved over the knickknacks, I'd have room for more books, but I hesitate to do that because it looks so nice. Perhaps I should look for another bookshelf!

    Deb Weaver
    thewordweaver.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another bookshelf is a good idea! :) Better than getting rid of knick knacks! x

      Delete
  3. Very nice!! I just started reorganizing my bookshelves too! Although my reason was so that my one-year-old can reach the kids books and not the adult books. I love reorganizing books, though! It's so satisfying :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when it is all tidy and pretty! It doesn't always stay like that but the more clutter I get rid of the longer the tidiness should last! x

      Delete
  4. It's pretty and and tidy. You have a lovely selection. I too treasure my collection of books.
    I've read all 4 of those Castleberry courtship books, and have 2 of them, Waiting for Her Isaac and Journey of the Heart. They are excellent.

    Thank you for sharing. Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the Castleberry books - good characters and story and they were very well written.

      I love my books! I have some from when I was really young. x

      Delete