Saturday, 8 June 2013

Loani - Photographs Through the Years!

Super excited! I contacted Compassion and asked if they could send me the photographs of my girls by email as the ones on the website were a little blurry. I hoped that they would be good enough quality to print and send to Jenifer and Loani as I read that some of the families don't have photographs of their children. 

I kept checking my emails as I am impatient like that! Very quickly one arrived from Compassion with attachments. That was exciting enough! Then I opened it and saw four additional photographs of Loani! She lost her sponsorship in September 2012 but had been sponsored for quite a few years previously to that. Oh it is amazing to see her change over the years! I never expected to see those additional photographs as I didn't know how long she had been with Compassion or if they kept previous photographs on file. 






Loani is currently 12 so I am assuming that is how old she is in the most recent photograph. No idea how old she is in the others though as I am dreadful at guessing ages! I think I have them in the correct order ..... She is so beautiful and I am so blessed to be her sponsor! 

Blessings,

Jenny

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny! Beautiful photos, isn't it wonderful to see your kids through the years?
    Compassion updates the kids photos every 18-24 months! Looks like Loani's project is on the ball with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She just looks so cute in her early photographs and is turning into quite the young lady now! x

      Delete
  2. Hey Jenny :) You can probably see on your account when their information was last updated... that would be the same time as the photo, so you can check her birthdate with that to see :)
    I always ask for the old photos of my kids! Love seeing them! That first photo is SOOOO cute!
    Compassion Canada and Compassion UK keep all the old ones on file. Compassion USA only keeps two photos (most recent and one old one) so if you ask for a correspondant through the US site you'll only get one old photo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that the photographs are available but it is a shame that the US sponsors don't get the old ones. Guess they have a lot more sponsors in America! x

      Delete
  3. What lovely photos of Loani!!!! She's a beautiful girl!! And that's such a fun treat! Thanks for sharing the photos with us...it's fun to watch her grow up over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw her photograph on the website I thought that she looked so young so it is really interesting to see her through the years. I found out that she started with Compassion in 2005 so she was sponsored for quite a while before she lost her sponsor.

      I can't wait to get a letter! x

      Delete