Friday, 14 June 2013

Little Apples.

I am not getting too excited as there is still the June drop to come but .... there are baby apples on my trees! 



This is their second year in the garden so technically I am not due apples until next year. Hopefully a couple will survive! I am fully expecting to wake up one morning to find that they have all jumped off! 

The garden is doing well for flowers but vegetables are a whole other matter! The weather and wildlife are fighting back and my remaining seedlings look a little nibbled around the edges. 

Blessings,

Jenny

5 comments:

  1. We have apples too! No frost and no woodchucks is leading to a good crop, hopefully. I just "can't count my chickens before the hatch". Sigh...............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to put in a couple of apple trees but I think husband might not like it. Plus the climate is so hot and dry.. not good for growing very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Don't forget to thin them out if June drop doesn't do the job, and make sure they get plenty (I mean *Plenty*) of water daily! I give mine around 10 gallons a day, more if hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that is a lot of water!! Adding that to my list of garden jobs! x

    ReplyDelete