Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Drums of Change.

I really like Janette Oke books! Probably not a surprise as I love historical fiction and books with a message of faith. I basically love books and will read pretty much any genre! I have read the first 4 of the Love Comes Softly series but hadn't really ventured into her other stories. I like that they are an easy read as I tend to read a heavier book and then something a little less serious. Just to give me a bit of balance! 

I was lucky enough to meet Victoria and her Dad for lunch recently and I was so surprised and thrilled when she gave me a copy of Drums of Change! She also brought the beautiful rose clip and the prettiest pegs I have ever seen! I was both excited and nervous before the lunch as it is so strange to meet someone that you have only really written to before. It was similar when I spoke to a pen pal, that I had been writing to for over a year, on the telephone. When you write to someone you can think about your responses and delete whole swathes of a letter and rewrite it where needed. You certainly can't do that in person! Victoria was just as sweet and lovely and faith filled as I had expected! 


I could hardly wait to get home to read the book after work and stayed up later than usual as I so wanted to finish it! I tend to get into little phases where I will read one author or genre almost obsessively before moving onto another theme. Phases that stand out are my Amish fiction phase, which is ongoing, and my Georgette Heyer phase. I think I may be heading into a Janette Oke phase as I now really want to read the last 4 books in the Love series! 

Blessings,

Jenny

5 comments:

  1. I love Jannette Oke! We have at least half of her books on our shelf! :~D I also love Lori Wick, and her books are pretty good. My absolute fave book at the moment is The Princess by Lori Wick. Its a must read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just seen that there is a series by Janette Oke called Seasons of the Heart which looks good too!

      Adding The Princess to my wish list! x

      Delete
  2. I'm a bit like that with my light reading too ... I tend to overdose on one author until I've exhausted everything I can find by that person! I do enjoy Janette Oke's books ... loved the Love Comes Softly series, and many others of hers too :)

    And yes, I had the 'Amish' spell too!
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister was looking at your blog and she said, "I saw that she did a post about the book you gave her." I stared at her, dumbfounded. For some reason or another (maybe the fact that my mom went into labour that night...), I never saw this! So I'm leaving a belated comment to say I'm glad you liked the book as well as the other things! Drums of Change seemed a little harder to get into than others by Janette Oke, but I really liked it :) I have the "Seasons of the Heart" series. If we see each other before you get your own copies, you can borrow mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had good reason to be distracted! Wow - can't believe it was so long ago now ... time is just flying by! x

      Delete