Friday, 1 March 2013

Adding Spring Colour to the Garden.

The patch of garden under the huge silver birch tree was looking a little dull so I took a trip to a nearby garden centre. All the sweet shop colours were so tempting! I already have tulip and daffodil bulbs in that patch of garden along with irises but they won't be flowering for a while. 

I wanted something that would grow well in the shadow of the tree and thought that a cyclamen plant would be perfect! These are a hardy variety that suit woodland and shady areas. There were some other varieties that had bigger and brighter flowers but these looked so delicate and more like the flowers you would find on a country walk. 



I also picked up a tray of 6 primula plants. There was such a selection of colours and all looked so cheerful and happy. I admit that it took me quite a while to decide which tray had the perfect mix of colours! I planted them this morning and they look so bold against the dark soil. 







These are planted where my failed salad leaves were last year! Hopefully they will survive and provide colour to fight off the Winter gloom for a while. 

What is blooming in your garden?

Blessings,

Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Oh I so wish we could start planting! I live in Central New York and we still have snowstorms, frosts, and freezes yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are predicted snow this weekend - hoping that it is just a light dusting!

      I can't wait for Spring weather so I can get out in the garden! x

      Delete