Saturday, 23 February 2013

Rod & Staff Books.

A very kind pen pal sent me a copy of The Upward Way which is published by Rod & Staff. I hadn't even finished the first chapter when I realised that I wanted more books from their catalogue!

I ordered four more from an American site and eagerly awaited their arrival! There is now a stockist of Rod & Staff books in the UK which will be useful for future orders. A Mennonite family have moved over here from America and have a book store! It is too far away to visit but I have a catalogue with lots of circled items! 

They are such sweet and faith filled books. Inspiring stories and characters that you really get attached to as their story develops. They are really good quality too. I was surprised! They are hard backed books with lovely art work on the covers. Keepers! After I have read the books they will end up with a permanent place either on my bookcase or in my hope chest. I just know that I will read them over and over.


They have an old fashioned look and feel to them. This is how I prefer my books. Well made and beautiful rather than cheap paperbacks that fall apart. These books could be loved by a whole family! 


These are the books that I ordered! I will do reviews of them individually if people are interested in more information. Hopefully I will order some more too! It is such a shame that they are not better known over here. Although I don't know that this sort of clean and wholesome book would be appreciated in a country where the supermarkets sell risqué books and display them where children and young teenagers could easily pick them up. 

I can't really explain how calm these books make me feel. It must be the writing style or the setting or just that I am not expecting to have some worldly comment in them. They are prefect for reading just before I go to sleep! 

Blessings,

Jenny

6 comments:

  1. A good find! I am presently hooked on reading books about Christian missionaries and others who have been giants in the faith like George Mueller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sort of book appeals to me too! I just bought Kisses from Katie which I am really looking forward to reading. x

      Delete
  2. Could you share the UK stockist information, please, as these books look interesting?

    Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you email - shepherdhills@ukmm.biz - they will send you a catalogue and price list / order form!

      I have an ongoing wish list of their books! x

      Delete
  3. I need some Rod and Staff books! Do you know if they're still around and if they sell most things? I emailed and am waiting to hear back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there is an actual Rod and Staff website but I have seen them on Milestone Books and Christian Light Publications too. x

      Delete