Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Orange and Cinnamon Star Biscuits.

I saw this recipe and couldn't wait to try it! It is easy to follow and makes your kitchen smell yummy! 


Orange and cinnamon is such a delicious combination! 

Ingredients. 

100g (3 1/2 oz) unsalted butter
50g (1 3/4 oz) caster sugar
150g (5 1/2 oz) plain flour
finely grated zest of one orange
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. 

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 3 and grease two baking trays. I found that these biscuits didn't stick and came off the trays really easily! 


Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl. 
 

Cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy. I did this by hand as I prefer that and there is less chance of over mixing. 


Mix in the orange zest and cinnamon until well combined with an even distribution throughout the mixture. 

 

Add in the flour bit by bit and stir in. I like to sieve my flour into the bowl to remove any lumps. 


Keep mixing until you have a smooth dough. Knead it well! 


Roll out onto a floured surface until it is about 1 cm thick. Mine kept sticking to the board and the rolling pin! 


Use a star cutter to cut out the biscuits. Re-roll the trimmings to cut out more biscuits. Place the stars onto the baking trays and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. 


Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. My stars have wonky points where they got stuck after I had cut them out! 


Enjoy! These didn't last long at all here! 

Blessings,

Jenny

3 comments:

  1. These sound delicious with that orange peel in them! I would probably eat the whole batch right up (yes, my problem is gluttony)!

    To prevent the dough from sticking to the rolling pin you can rub it with cooking oil (corn, canola, olive oil or equivalent). I find that too much flour in the dough makes it dry out too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to resist them! I had one and the next time I looked, they had gone!!

    I hadn't thought of adding oil - I found the dough quite tricky as the stars seemed to want to stay stuck to the board and ended up with damaged points! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound delicious, and I can see how they would make your kitchen fragrant. BTW, your pictures are really excellent too.

    ReplyDelete