Saturday, 19 January 2013

Books on my To Read pile.

I watched the Love Comes Softly film on television recently and thought it was so sweet! I know I am years behind everyone else in discovering the film and then learning that the books existed.

The film was just adorable and I loved how the characters were developed and the love story was romantic and believable. I am so looking forward to reading the book as I generally prefer the book version to the film version!



I heard about the books and got straight on to searching for them on the internet! Wow - most of them seemed to be expensive but then I stumbled onto an auction for the whole set. The set of 8 books cost me less than buying just 4 of them from another site and that included postage! 

The books are now sat in my To Read pile! I always have so many books on the go and a huge pile that I have yet to get to ... I need to get more organised with the things I have to do to create more time for the things I want to do. Like reading! 

I love finding a good book but finding a good series is even better!

Do you have any favourite books or authors?

Blessings,

Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Have you read Jan Karon's Mitford series? I think there are 6 or 7 of them. Very sweet novels about small-town life, with the main character a pastor who's in his 50s or 60s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't but they do sound interesting!

    I have been reading a lot of Amish fiction lately which I really enjoy - just nice and relaxing books! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know the books bij Janette Oke, but I'll try our library. I have been reading a lot of Amish fiction too and I loved it.
    The Mitford series is really good!
    I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete