Friday, 2 November 2012

Books for November.

November is perfect for reading! The evenings are dark and the garden work is pretty much done so there is free time available to get cosy and read a good book. I love reading and am always looking for new books that will be inspiring and interesting. 

A pen pal recently told me about Christian Light Publications and said that they had some really good books available. Off I went to the website to have a look around! Sure enough there were plenty of appealing books! I ordered three and they arrived so fast. I couldn't believe how quickly they got to me! 


Here are the three books that I chose. All on different subjects as I like to have a variety of books. It was hard to narrow it down to just these! It was interesting to look through all the books and topics and to not have to worry about whether they would be wholesome books or not. 


This book jumped out at me immediately! It is about a family that were raising their children in God's Word and trying to shield them from ungodly influences. When the father of the family dies, his parents take legal action against the mother claiming that the children are being damaged and warped. The family flee the country in an attempt to stay together and this book covers they story and God's faithfulness. 


This book is the story of a family who leave America to go and run an orphanage in Romania. I can't even imagine how hard that would have been. It must have been a big culture shock! The book covers the first year that the Miller family spent in Romania. I am looking forward to reading this one as stories about how people follow God's call to them fascinate me especially when it is something that is such a radical change. 


I have started with this book as the story just sounded fascinating to me! I am about a third of the way into it and love the writing style. This one is about a "normal" American family who felt called by God to leave everything they knew and to join the Mennonites. I like that it isn't just a rose tinted view of this life change. Both good and bad experiences are shared. It is a book that is really making me think! 

Blessings,

Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting about these books! I'm always looking for new books to read and these all look very interesting. I might have to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read two of them now and have just started reading Heart Bridge! I just couldn't put them down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I wanted to thank you for linking up on Sharing Our Bookshelves in November. I'm a bit late in "making the rounds" to everyone's blogs. :-)

    I love your blog. You have such lovely posts! These books here that you wrote about look fantastic! I'm going to keep Christian Light Publications in mind for future book purchases. :)

    ReplyDelete