Tuesday, 11 September 2012

First Art Group Meeting.

I went to my first art group meeting yesterday evening. I was so nervous! I just kept thinking that everyone there would be professional artists and that it would be so intimidating. I used to draw and paint when I was younger but haven't done any art for years and years. I finally worked up the courage to go and ..... it wasn't scary at all! In fact, everyone was friendly and welcoming to me. 

I don't have much to show for two hours! It was a bit of an introduction and settling in session though. I really need to get some smaller paint brushes to use with the watercolours especially as I plan of painting smaller images. Might have to pop to the shop tomorrow! The attempts below were copied from a book rather than a real life bird. 


A Goldcrest. 


A Robin. 

For some reason my first bird turned out better than the second one! I need to keep trying I think. The picture of the goldcrest just seemed to go well right from the start but the robin, well, I just couldn't get the right shape. It just looks awkward and the body parts don't fit together somehow. 

It is amazing that one short session has reawakened my love of drawing. I found it quite relaxing! I don't know why I ever gave it up! 

Blessings,

Jenny

2 comments:

  1. I'm over from Homemaking linkup. I hope you keep us up to date with the art work. I don't have any real talent but I so love watercolor paintings...I've always wanted to try my hand at it. I'd like to follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blog! :) I became a follower and can't wait to read more! Erin

    ReplyDelete