Thursday, 20 September 2012

Art Group - Week Two.

So I went back to the art group! I didn't have much time at all to do any drawing in the week in between classes so I was looking forward to it. 

This is what I drew ......


It isn't finished but it is a red squirrel in a beech tree! I drew the leaves first before daring to attempt the squirrel. I still have the paws to draw in and need to work on the tail. I don't know if I dare to add colour to it as that tends to be were I go wrong. 

Next week the art group will be drawing people and I will be attempting to draw people. For some reason, whenever I try to draw faces, they end up looking unrealistic and almost like a Disney cartoon. 

Blessings,

Jenny

6 comments:

  1. Well maybe doing faces more animated is simply where your skills lie. Don't feel bad about that, just embrace it and see where it takes you. All artists have a special spin that they put on the things they draw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the style but I want to be able to draw realistically too. That said, I want to try Beatrix Potter styles next!

      Delete
  2. I have the very same problem when drawing people. Perhaps too many Disney cartoons in our youth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much Disney .... is that even possible?!

      Delete
  3. To work with perfecting colour, why don't you photocopy the original on to some reasonably decent quality paper or card stock and experiment with your colouring techniques on the photocopies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is a clever idea! It hadn't even occurred to me - on my list of things to do!

      Delete