Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Stained Glass Windows.

I love stained glass windows. Those from the most humble church to the most magnificent cathedral are beautiful to me! 

These windows are in St Mary's Church in Beverley. I am just amazed by the details in some of the windows! I especially love the one featuring Mary and Jesus. 








Some pictures have turned out a little dark and there were others where the sun was too bright behind them and wiped out the features. 

I wish I knew the stories that each window represents! 

Blessings,

Jenny

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful images Jenny. I, too, love stained glass. Does the church have a library or records office at the Deanery? You could ask if there is a written history of them. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, those stain glass windows are absolutely spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a really small church so I think the records would be held somewhere else. I would love to know which Bible stories are represented in the windows!

    It was such a peaceful church - I felt calmer as soon as I walked through the door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stained glass tells the most beautiful stories and holds so much inner value. Its fantastically beautiful... Great snap shots

    -Solomon Berkovitch
    Window Repair Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete