Thursday, 14 June 2012

Recent Baking.

I am really enjoying baking and trying out new recipes! For some reason I prefer baking sweet things or little snacks to making full meals probably because it is quicker and easier to fit into my day. 

Recently I have made a lemon drizzle cake which tasted lovely but split right down the middle. Not sure what I did wrong this time! 


I also made some parmesan hearts from my Baked and Delicious folder. I really liked these although I think rolling the dough would be easier on a cooler day. I think I picked the hottest day of the year so far! 


I made some scones too! They turned out to be all different heights so I need to practise making them more uniform in size. These were cheese scones made with both strong cheddar and brie. I had never seen a scone recipe with brie but it really added to the texture. These didn't last long at all as they were delicious hot from the oven with butter. 


Blessings, 

Jenny

6 comments:

  1. yum! i never baked before i was married, my mom was the baker. then after we bought our first house, i decided to try my hand at oatmeal bread - trying to remember the smells from my childhood. then I realized that I could bake...and it was all over from there! But, I also love cooking. In fact, it is a good thing that I like both because I spend the majority of my time in the kitchen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good :) (just coming from the barnhop)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've been busy. Everything looks delicious! Happy Baking :)

    -Missy @ http://gracefullittlehoneybee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious, Jenny, makes me hungry looking at them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of this looks so good! I am going to have to save some of these recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so yummy! Great photos!
    Shalom,Moira

    ReplyDelete