Monday, 21 May 2012

Femininity.

Femininity is something that has been on my mind lately. I feel like I have really been slacking with my appearance recently. I could blame this on being busy and having some stressful times but really honestly it is more than that and to blame it on a lack of time would be making an excuse. It feels like I have almost given up on myself a bit. One character flaw I have is wanting to be perfect at everything on the first try. One more challenge to work on! I feel that if I work on my confidence and health then the rest of it will all fall into place. 

From The Fascinating Girl

Femininity is a gentle, tender quality found in a woman's appearance, manner, and nature. A feminine woman gives the impression of softness, and delicateness. 

You can develop your femininity by accentuating the differences between yourself and men - not the similarities. Think of femininity in two categories - outer femininity and inner femininity. Outer femininity has to do with your feminine appearance and manner, whereas inner femininity has to do with your feminine nature and your orientation towards your feminine role. 

The foundation of beauty is fresh, radiant health, not only for the health itself, but for the fresh and joyful spirit it lends to the appearance, actions, and attitude. How attractive are sparkling eyes, lustrous hair, a clear voice, buoyancy of manner, and the animation that good health brings to the face and the vivacity it communicates to the thoughts. We cannot attach too much importance to this qualification. 

I do have quite a few bits in my wardrobe that are feminine. Plenty of skirts and cute cardigans! It is just a matter of actually wearing them! I feel so much more ladylike when wearing a skirt and somehow it makes me stand straighter and speak softer. 


I love this dress as it is just so summery! I would wear it with a little cardigan as I don't tend to go out and about with uncovered shoulders. I love the print! Just need the weather to warm up a bit now. 


I am aiming to take baby steps and to start with feminine accessories. I feel like I am finally ready to dress my outside to match my inside. I am quite a girly girl by nature but tend to suppress it far too often! It is time to embrace who I really am! 

Blessings, 

Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from the Barn Hop. I love the selection that you included in your post. It's the first writing on femininity I've seen that stresses the importance of good health. (As opposed to the right makeup, the righ hairdo, the right shoes, clothing, and so on).

    And that's really what it comes down to for me. I find that when I'm not feeling good on the inside, it manifests itself on the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Agreeing that outward appearance is only a small part of being feminine. It can be the fun part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if I wore the prettiest dress and my hair was just so I wouldn't feel truly feminine without my health! For me, how I feel on the inside is as important as how I look on the outside.

    ReplyDelete