Sunday, 18 March 2012

Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies.

As it is Mother's Day I asked my Mum what she would like me to bake for her. She asked for something with chocolate in it! I made a variation of cookies that had the yummy combination of chocolate and shortbread. 

I like to have all the ingredients out before I start baking but I am terrible at remembering to pre-heat the oven! Bare foot and baking in the kitchen while singing along to Doris Day, Petula Clark and Connie Francis. I must be a funny sight dancing around the kitchen in a pink spotted apron!

Ingredients. 

100g softened, unsalted butter
75g caster sugar
100g sifted plain flour (I sift mine into the bowl)
25g cornflour
50g dark or milk chocolate chips. 

That is it! Such a simple recipe and I think that it is one that children would enjoy. 

1, Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 3 1/2 (170 degrees Celsius). Remember! I am normally half way through baking before I think to switch the oven on. 


2, Add the sugar and butter to a large bowl and cream together until light and fluffy. 


3, Stir in the flour, cornflour, and chocolate chips. Keep stirring until the chocolate chips are evenly distributed and the mixture forms a rough dough. 


4, Lightly flour a work surface and turn the dough out onto it. Gently knead the dough until it becomes smooth. This dough has a bit of a strange feel to it almost like fondant icing and it isn't sticky. No sticky hands!


5, Roll into a sausage shape that it about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. 


6, Slice at 1/4 inch intervals and place on two non-stick baking trays. 


7, Bake for around 15 to 20 minutes until they are lightly golden. These biscuits only need to stay in the oven until they have colour around the edges. Leave the biscuits on the baking tray for a couple of minutes and then transfer them onto a cooling rack.  




Somehow, whenever I bake, there is a little left over. Yum! Uncooked cookie dough! 


I also made my Mum a Mother's Day card! My cross stitching skills are improving slowly but surely. 


Blessings, 

Jenny

2 comments:

  1. The cookies look delicious! I love shortbread. Any kind of cookies go over well with my siblings so maybe I'll try out this recipe soon :) Well done on the cross-stitch as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    They are super easy to make! Mine came out a little small but I quite liked that.

    ReplyDelete