Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Spring is Springing.

The garden is slowly coming back to life. It seems that for the past few months the only colour has been from evergreen plants and bright berries. Now, everywhere I look there is new life bursting from the ground. The garden has been hibernating!

A few photographs from my garden. I do hope that the snow and frost has passed now! Roll on flip flop weather! Not long until the daffodils and tulips start to bloom. There are already buds on the daffodils but the tulips will probably be at least another month. There are red and pink tulips planted in the garden and they still flower even though they have been there for about 10 years.  

Every time I go to the supermarket I am so tempted by all the lovely bulbs on sale. I have already bought a pot of mini daffodils and one of snowdrops! The problem is finding space in the garden to plant them afterwards. Especially as I am trying to make room for salads and vegetables. I would like some English bluebells though as they would look lovely under the silver birch tree. 





I need to get out into the garden and get the weeding done! Soon it will still be light enough when I get home from work as now I try and fit everything into my weekends. 

I love Spring! The time of year when Spring moves into Summer is my favourite. 

I am looking forward to ....

trips to the beach and it being warm enough to paddle in the sea. 
picnics with a big blanket, lovely food and a good book.
lying back in a field and cloud watching.
long, light evenings. 

What are you looking forward to about the better weather? 

Blessings, 

Jenny

3 comments:

  1. *Aurelia your paperpenwritingfriend*29 February 2012 at 14:03

    Oh my *jenny * I guess you ll problably be veryyyyyy surprised when you ll be reading this ........ am I right..........* Thank you so much for all your kindness, encouragement, inspiration, yes you are so right** friendschip is letters from the heart**like on the patch on my friendshipblanket as you can see I found the way to your blog here..... Lovely photos jenny What a sweet room so sweet pink so sweet I got your **so** welcome package yesterday, WHAT A BLESSINGS So fortunate to have YOU for a friend KEEP WATCHING YOUR MAILBOX [ your friend here is bussy =-] ] HOPE YOU ARE DOING BETTER ALREADY I AM WORRIED I am so thankfull it was not worser TAKE CARE Jenny Hope when you read this little note it will bring you cheer and joy too** I am now here in the local library typing this quickly as there are other [rather impatient ] people waiting to go on internet too and the buttons on the typingboard are not working properly when I want to type an A I have to type the Q confusing =-] so I will close here wishing you a W O N D E R F U L L DAY UNTIL NEXT LETTER FROM THE HEART my friend blessings to you ps. the magazine are being read and read and read and read so you see If I am not reading it for a moment, my sisters and parents are =-] take care and until next time you are such a blessing to me you are very welcome for everything I sent blessings and cheer Aurelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful spring photos!

    ReplyDelete