Monday, 12 December 2011

New Books to Read.

I have two new books to read! I am excited as I love reading and it is probably my favourite thing to do. I love to learn too so reading books that introduce me to new topics and expand my knowledge are wonderful. I don't ever want to stop learning or to get stuck with a narrow view of the world. 

At the moment I am trying to learn more about God's plan for women and their role in life. I have already made a fair start on learning about home making and various skills relating to that but I have a tendency to get caught up in the fluffy stuff and to spend less time than I need working on my character. Especially as I don't really have much Titus 2 guidance available to me! As much as I love the sewing and baking, the character development is just as important. Harder though and more thought and effort is needed. Plus a good deal of honesty in facing up to personality issues and being willing to change them. 

This first book really appealed to me. I hadn't heard of it before seeing it on a book website but it sounded like a good read. 


From the back of the book - " With humility and humor, Sara set out to immerse herself in all things domestic just to see if the Proverbs 31 woman could exist in the twenty-first century." I enjoy reading about other people and their experiences in life so this book combined two of my interests - people and home making. 

The second book is probably more well known. I had heard of it and read many mixed reviews. I thought it was high time that I read it myself and formed my own opinions about it. 


From the back cover - "Somewhere over the passing years and changing culture, women have lost their way. This book is written to lead them back home." I think this should be an interesting book and I am hoping to learn from it. Flicking through it, I like how the book is set out and that so many letters from readers are included. I also want to find out just why it splits opinions so widely. 

When I finish reading these books, whenever that will be, I plan on reviewing them on here. I am looking forward to that too. Almost like a book study from my school days although on slightly different topics! 

Have you read any books that you would recommend to others? 

Blessings, 

Jenny

4 comments:

  1. These look like good books!! Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read your reviews. I read Spiritual Warfare for Women in August and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to see if my library has the Proverbs 31 book, that sounds really interesting! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am over half way through the Proverbs 31 book already - it is so interesting!

    ReplyDelete