Monday, 21 November 2011

A Cup of Comfort.

I saw this book in a local bookshop and just had to have it! The bookshop is all higgledy piggledy and the books are really random and not in order at all. When I have time I love wandering around in there as there are some hidden delights like this book! 

I love Christmas and on the front of the book it says "Prayers and Stories that bring you closer to God during the holiday" which really appealed to me as I love the Christmas season and drawing closer to God sounds lovely. 


The book has a story or prayer for every day from 1st December to 6th January! I am so excited to read it. I am trying really hard not to open it before the first day of December as I don't want to spoil the pleasure of reading each message on the correct day. I think this may have to be a new Christmas tradition for me!

Do you  have any Christmas traditions? 

Blessings, 

Jenny

10 comments:

  1. This book looks lovely. I love christmas traditions and am currently trying to introduce some new ones to my family. My children are still very young but I really want them to look back and have very fond memories of our family traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of new pyjamas on Christmas Eve - that is one that I would start if I had a family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a neat find.

    http://afamilysetapart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. I think we're going to start a tradition of having brisket for dinner. Turkey is ok, but most of the time we have it for Thanksgiving. Ham...oh dear. The thought of having ham to celebrate the birth of Jesus does nothing for me. Jesus was Jewish, afterall, and would not have eaten ham on his birthday. Yeah, I'm really liking the idea of brisket. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat book!! I don't have any long term traditions for Christmas like this I would love to add something like this to my Christmas fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought a new book for the Christmas Season too. It has verses for each day to take us through the advent. I'd like it to be a new tradition for us that we can keep doing even after we have kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love traditions - even those too new to really be called traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a few Christmas traditions...cutting down our tree, Christmas morning with family at my parents...this year, with our new baby expected any day, we're thinking of starting some new traditions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to be doing the jesse tree with my family this year. I haven't done it before and i'm excited to see if it becomes a tradition or not.

    I admit that I am a lazy person, so when it comes to traditions--I'm not very sentimental. Now that i have children, I would love to change that.

    ReplyDelete