Saturday, 15 October 2011

A Little Walk.

I love walking in the countryside! There is so much beauty in the world and also I find it peaceful to be alone sometimes and just to think and pray to God in a more informal way. It feels so natural now! I truly love being able to take my worries and thoughts to God. 

Walking in the same place so often I notice all the changes of the seasons. The conkers are on the trees, the leaves are turning and the many fruits and berries are ripening. 




I adore walking by the river and try to do so as often as possible, especially now as it will soon be too dark on week days to do so. When it is dark when I leave the house and dark when I return, I restrict myself to walking around the town. Oh but on a sunny day when the breeze makes the clouds run across the sky all I want is to be outside! 

Often I take the dogs with me to give them a nice long walk but other times I go alone. Just me and a book. The dogs get far too bored if I try to stop and read! Sitting in the sun on the river bank reading something by Jane Austen or Louisa May Alcott and listening to the birds singing - sounds pretty close to perfection to me. 

I don't think I could ever be a city girl! 

Blessings, 

Jenny

3 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I have to ask what a conker is...

    (Jane the Yank)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the seed of a horse chestnut tree! I forget that not everyone who reads here is English!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those big things! Conker is a very appropriate name for them. Thank you for helping me learn a new expression :-) I think we just call them chestnuts here..

    Jane

    ReplyDelete