Sunday, 16 October 2011

Feeling Thankful.

I have so much to be thankful for and so much that I just don't appreciate enough. When I have a bad day it is so easy to dwell on that day rather than all the good days before it. I am counting my blessings! God has given me so much. My life, my faith, my family, my talents, and most importantly He gave His own Son for me and all of us. 

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God for you in Christ. 

1 Thessalonians 5 : 16 - 18

I have a loving family, my health, a home, a job and my education so I am better off than a lot of people. I feel as though moaning about bits of my life that perhaps are hard is diminishing the suffering of others. There are people in the world with real struggles, without food or family or hope, so how dare I complain about a bad day at work! Even my struggles with my faith are minor compared to the struggles of others - those that are persecuted for their beliefs and who don't have the freedom to express their faith. 

I am thankful for:

God and His continued love and support of me. Also my Bible which comforts, encourages or cheers me dependant on what I need.

My family - they may not share my faith or ideas but they love me and support me. 

The freedom to love God and not having to hide my faith away. I have been teased for my beliefs but never truly persecuted by any stretch of the imagination and I am thankful for that too. 

My health - I am healthy and well. I don't always appreciate how amazing it is to get out of bed each day and just walk around. Or that I can take care of myself and be independent. So many people don't have this. 

My talents and skills. I am still discovering all sorts of things I enjoy and I love that I have the time and ability to practice and learn. 

I feel as though by not being grateful I am failing to acknowledge all that God has done for me. I want to praise Him and to share this thankfulness with others. 

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; 
give thanks to him and praise his name. 

Psalm 100 : 4

I challenge you to find 5 things that you are thankful for right now! 

Blessings,

Jenny

1 comment:

  1. A very good reminder!

    I am thankful for -

    1 - God who called me out of darkness and who sticks by my side

    2 - My family

    3 - My children

    4 - Relatively good health

    5 - The peace, safety and comfort in which i live. I am so undeserving of this and many who are deserving have so much less than I do.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete