Saturday, 22 October 2011

Doing Nothing.

Every so often I just need time to do nothing. Perhaps to relax after a stressful week at work or as part of the recuperation for a spell of being ill. Now I don't mean that I sit and literally do nothing or watch a trashy television show. I just do something that I enjoy and isn't stressful at all. Simple pleasures! 



I love being around people and being busy but I still appreciate those spare half hours to myself when I can just be quiet. I generally like to be productive but these moments don't have to have anything to show for them at the end of them. Except a calm and refreshed me! 

My favourites are:

Reading a book I love - maybe a childhood favourite. Not an educational one! 

Going for a walk and just wandering. Not having a set place to go or time to get there. 

Listening to music. I tend to listen to music while doing something else - it is nice to just focus on the music once in a while. 

Doodling or just sketching. Not trying to draw something perfect. No pressure just enjoying the drawing itself.

Sitting and watching a whole film. I have an awful habit of starting a DVD then pausing it to go off and do something else. 

Having a little nap during the day. This seems a little selfish and decadent to me but when I am ill it makes me feel much better!

Somehow when I stop pressuring myself or worrying about everything it puts the world into perspective again.  Those huge tasks are less daunting and my creativity is restored. 

Blessings, 

Jenny

3 comments:

  1. I could use a day with nothing to do! Sounds very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Sometimes you need a day when nothing "must" be done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could manage a whole day of nothing but an hour here and there is very nice!

    ReplyDelete