Friday, 30 September 2011

Knitting Progress.

I have finished my first scarf! I did use easy wool but I am still proud of myself. I just need to practice more so I am more comfortable with the needles as I do not find knitting to be relaxing at all. I am so scared of the stitches falling off the needles or dropping stitches! 


Knitting in progress! I used nice big needles for this scarf and it seemed to grow in length really quickly which was especially good for me as I felt like I was making progress. 


The finished scarf! This one will be mine as the sewn ends are a little untidy. 


I have 3 more colours in the same sort of wool to be getting on with. I think they would make nice gifts for Christmas as they are not particularly expensive and people would know that time and effort has gone into making them. Plus there are quite a few pretty colours to choose from!


A close up of the wool. You sew in the top line of openings and there is no real casting on. As you knit, the wool forms itself into ruffles. One ball of wool gives you one scarf. I just think they are lovely and feminine! The weather at the moment is so sunny and warm though so I will have to wait a while before I get to wear my new scarf!

Blessings, 

Jenny

1 comment: