Monday, 15 August 2011

Looking Forward to Autumn.

Already!! I know .... crazy isn't it?! We haven't had all that much of a Summer so far. There have been odd days of sunshine but there have been a lot of chilly days too. Even now in August! Last week there was some scary weather here, right out of the blue. A proper storm! With sheets of rain, lightening and thunder so loud you could feel it! 

I am sat right now with a Yankee Candle tart burning away. It is Frosted Pumpkin and smells lovely plus I love the way the candle light flickers and casts shadows around the room. I also have my Autumn Victoria magazines out and am enjoying flicking through them. At the same time though I think perhaps it is a little early to be wishing the Summer away. The scariest thing is that I am already thinking about and planing for Christmas! I want to do lots of crafty stuff this year and make presents and decorations so I need to start early. I have a few cross stitch projects in mind but I am so slow they will probably be done by next Christmas! I am so hoping that I get quicker!! I am already picturing festive mice and cross stitched stockings.

I am so excited also for the change is seasons as it is a fantastic opportunity to take photographs of the changing leaves and the sort of start beauty of Winter. 

I am looking around for little decorating items that represent each season too. I love the way some people decorate their homes for the seasons as well as Christmas. I could get so carried away though! I must be strict with myself - limited storage you see! The same issue that I have with my crafting or more my inability to choose just one craft to focus on.

Which is your favourite season?

Blessings, 

Jenny

5 comments:

  1. I'm definitely looking forward to Fall too - especially after such a hot Missouri summer! I got a whiff of Fall the other day, and it just made me so giddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny I love Fall too and I am so looking forward to it. It has been so hot here in the Carolinas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the weather in the summer time! Makes me happy to be warm.

    I wanted to let you know that I am giving you the versatile blogger award, check it out on my page to get the rules

    http://jbraggs.blogspot.com/2011/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny, I also love the fall season. I think that late summer into the fall is my favorite time of the year. The days are still warm and the sun casts a particular quality of light that I love. I have come to really dislike the cold weather, though, and since that follows so soon after fall, that time of year is always kind of bittersweet. It is fun to imagine you in your little nest, looking through magazines and stitching away. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you on this one! I LOVE autumn! My absolute favorite season!

    ReplyDelete