Friday, 8 July 2011

Nature Walk.

I took my new camera out on a walk. Not too crazy - I took my dog too! It was rather a cloudy day and quite windy. Interesting conditions for photography!


I like the colours in the clouds. Swirling blues and greys! I do enjoy photographing clouds. Moody storm clouds and fluffy white clouds dancing across the sky. 


A close up of a dandelion clock. When I was very young I loved to blow on these until all the seeds spun and swirled around me!  


There is a field of cows nearby, this time they were mostly hidden in the trees so I wasn't able to get many photographs. It was almost like they were playing hide and seek!


Playing with the zoom on my camera. This photograph was taken from the exact same spot as the photograph before it. I love how well the zoom works but it was a little too breezy to hold the camera steady and to get good, clear shots. 


The daisies were all out in bloom. There were so many that it seemed as though there were whole fields of them. I love wild flowers much more than the kind you buy in supermarkets. They seem more real somehow with blotchy petals and twisted leaves. 


The poppy season has almost passed. There are a few flowers still out but most of the petals have fallen to the ground. The petals look so silky and fall like patchwork on the mud. 


I walked near a pond and there were quite a few little frogs hopping about. I had to be super careful not to step on them! I would have felt awful to squash one! They were teeny tiny and were bouncing about all over. 


This is a photograph looking across a nearby pond. The reeds are so tall. Some areas are taller than me! There were birds perched in them and ducks nested there. 

Blessings, 

Jenny

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Jenny!! God's creation is spectacular!!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in such a pretty area, Jenny! I love the picture of the dandelion. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are beautiful! I like the bible verses. You seem to have a very sweet spirit. God bless ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! It is pretty here - it is about a 10 minute walk and you are either at the river, the pond or the fields. The only thing missing is a forest - I love trees!

    ReplyDelete