Saturday, 11 June 2011

The Secret Garden.

I saw this little gate around the back of a church and just had to photograph it. It so reminded me of A Secret Garden - I love that book!

I can imagine a whole world behind that gate. In my over active imagination I picture secrets and all sorts of hidden delights just waiting to be discovered. 

If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden. 

Frances Hodgson Burnett 


And the secret garden bloomed and bloomed and every morning revealed new miracles.

Nothing in the world is quite as adorably lovely as a robin when he shows off and they are nearly always doing it. 

However many years she lived, Mary always felt that "she should never forget that first morning when her garden began to grow."

Frances Hodgson Burnett 

Blessings, 

Jenny






6 comments:

  1. Jenny, I love the photo and the quotations you posted. I have read The Secret Garden in such a long time, but it's always been one of my favorites.

    God bless you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it really does make you think of that book, doesn't it?
    I'm 55, but I recently downloaded a book of classic children's literature and am re-enjoying memories of childhood. Especially another FHB book, "A Little Princess." I finished it a while ago and it was every bit as wonderful as when I was 10 or 11.
    I'm reading "Pollyanna" for the first time and getting such a kick out of it. The Disney film was cute, but the book is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I re-read old children's books quite a lot - my absolute favourite is An Old Fashioned Girl but Pollyanna is so good!

    I recently read Anne of Green Gables too - loved it! It is interesting to see what you notice in the books that you may not have seen as a child.

    I notice how good the writing is now whereas when I was a child I just loved the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture! It makes me think of something that you would find nowadays in a Narnia movie! :) Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it ridiculous that I've never read the book, but it's my favorite movie?? I absolutely LOVE that move, too. And this is definitely secret-garden-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read the book! It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete