Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Roses.

Roses from my garden photographed on a lovely sunny morning and a little poetry too!


I wonder,
I wonder if anyone knows, 
Who lives at the heart of this velvety rose, 
Now is it a goblin, or is it an elf, 
Or is it the queen of the fairies herself.

J Shorthand


O! how much more doth beauty beauteous seem
By that sweet ornament which truth doth give.
The rose looks fair, but fairer we it deem
For that sweet odour, which doth in it live. 

Shakespeare. 


What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet. 

Shakespeare


You love the roses - so do I. I wish
The sky would rain down roses, as they rain
From off the shaken bush. Why will it not? 
Then all the valley would be pink and white
And soft to tread on. They would fall as light
As feathers, smelling sweet; and it would be
Like sleeping and like waking, all at once!

G Elliot



Nobody knows this little Rose
It might be a pilgrim be
Did I not take it from the ways
And lift it up to thee. 

Emily Dickinson

Blessings, 

Jenny

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet collection of beautiful quotations and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please could you tell me who wrote the poem The Rose, I rember it so well from school.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you please tell me where you found the name J shorthand as the writer of the poem at the top of your page? I am trying to find confirmation of this for my class and would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete