Monday, 20 June 2011

One Thousand Gifts.

I am linking up with Amber over at homemaker by choice to read a book called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. So excited! It sounds so interesting and it is just the perfect time for me to do this book study. The cover of the book says "a dare to live fully right where you are" which is something I need to learn rather than focusing on the future or dwelling in the past. Living in the present! 



There is also a study guide with questions to make you think deeper about the book. The plan is to read one chapter per week and to blog about what you have learnt and the questions from the study guide and then link up on a Friday on Amber's blog. 

I do love book studies! I will be taking part in this one along side the ongoing Facebook based study of Beautiful in God's Eyes by Elizabeth George. Hopefully the two books will complement each other! Beautiful in God's Eyes is amazing and we are only up to chapter five! 

You are all welcome to join. I have a feeling that this will be a life changing book. Just pop over to the homemaker by choice blog and follow along with the programme. 

Blessings, 

Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Let us know what you think of it, Jenny! I've been following Ann's blog for a bit now, and it's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a flick through it and it looks really good - the study guide is fab too! I have read so many good reviews of the book but just hadn't got around to reading it. This link up is the push I need.

    Can't wait, I am starting reading tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the middle of reading it and am enjoying it very much =) Hope you enjoy it

    Prayers,
    Esther

    ReplyDelete