Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Lucky Girl!

I had such a lovely birthday! It was warm and sunny all day and it was so nice to have a day to just relax.

I love how well my family and friends know me! I adore all my presents - I am such a lucky girl and feel so blessed, not just by the gifts but also, by the sweet messages in my birthday cards. Some were so touching that I got quite emotional reading them. It seems like you can see someone every day and really appreciate them but never mention it so I made sure that I thanked everyone who had made an effort to make my birthday that bit more special. 


I was excited to open a present containing the household organiser and recipe book - so cute!! Yankee Candles are my absolute favourites and the 4 baby ones shown are all floral and garden type scents which is fab as most of those that I already have are sugary and food scents. Plus Tangled - loved that film when I saw it at the cinema. 


Shockingly, I was also given a lot of books! Reading is such a pleasure to me and it has been for as long as I can remember. I have books everywhere - I even usually have one in my handbag. I go through phases with my book choices. Recently I read lots of the classics again but now it is mostly Amish fiction. Generally when I read a book I like to read about the background so when I read Jane Austen  and Georgette Heyer I also read books on society, fashion and even foods from that era. I am doing the same while reading Amish fiction too as I have read a couple of fact based books on Amish culture. Love Ellis too! Such a gorgeous teddy bear! He is a Charlie Bear so he has soft fur and is fully jointed - so sweet and huggable! 

Blessings, 

Jenny

6 comments:

  1. Aww, sounds (and looks) like a lovely Birthday, Jenny! I love teddy bears, candles, and books as well!
    Happy belated Birthday!!! :)
    God bless you!
    ~Katie Bekah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, those are lovely gifts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday, girly! Looks like you were much blessed! :o) Meanwhile, I have the EXACT same household organizer! lol! Enjoy your treasures!

    Gretchen @ The Proverbs Thirty-HUH?! Woman
    proverbsthirtyhuh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bekah ~ Such a lovely teddy too! I adore this make of teddy as they all have such personality in their faces!

    Mrs Stam ~ Thank you!

    Gretchen ~ The organiser is so cute! I love the retro look - plus it looks really useful too with all the sections inside!

    I really am blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, Happy Birthday Jenny! It sounds like your day was lovely and I'm glad.

    ReplyDelete