Friday, 27 May 2011

Today in the Garden - 27.05.11

I love taking photographs! Today I (finally!) finished my coursework so I actually had enough time to just wander around the garden and take photographs. Everywhere I go I see opportunities for pretty photographs.    It really has changed how I look at the world around me. I seem to notice more details now. 

Today's sky - a little cloudy and grey! It has been quite cool and drizzly but I am hoping for good weather for the Bank Holiday weekend as I want to get out and garden. 


Even if it does decide to rain all weekend I will still have plenty to do.  I have a cushion to cross stitch as a gift as well as quite a few cards to make and I want to spend some time on the Beautiful in God's Eyes book study. 

When daisies pied, and violets blue, 
And lady-smocks all silver-white,
And cuckoo-buds of yellow hue, 
Do paint the meadows with delight. 

Shakespeare.


I love this rose! This is one of the three new roses that were planted in the garden this year. We had an awful time with snow and frost so I was so delighted to see that the roses survived and have such beautiful blooms.  


I like to experiment with angles and perspectives when I take photographs. In this one I was kneeling and it felt like I was a tiny person in a forest of flowers! I like the mix of colours in the photograph. There are granny's bonnets, fox gloves and a rose in this one. I think the fox gloves are so pretty with their pink hue and dappled insides. Love the English country garden style even though my garden is .... well .... a little wilder than that!

Again the merry month o' May
Has made our hills and valleys gay;
The birds rejoice in leafy bowers,
The bees hum round the breathing flowers. 

Burns

Blessings,

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment