Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Clouds.

I love gazing at the sky! Watching the white clouds dance across the bright blue sky forming all sorts of interesting shapes as it does so. The sky is so changeable and beautiful! From the brilliant sunrise and the dark, tempestuous storm clouds to the sight of lightening rolling through the clouds. 


See yonder little cloud, that, borne aloft 
So tenderly by the wind, floats fast away. 

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


O it is pleasant, with a heart at ease,
Just after sunset, or by moonlight skies, 
To make the shifting clouds be what you please. 

Samuel Taylor Coleridge


It is always a good thing to look up rather than down! I remember laying and watching clouds sometimes for hours and seeing rabbits and angels form and then merge into another shape. It was so calming! Sometimes it feels like life is too busy for such simple pleasures - a sad loss I think. 

Blessings, 

Jenny

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean, Jenny! I LOVE taking pictures of the sky, have over 100 of them on Facebook! God's creation is so beautiful!
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have a couple of photographs on Facebook - just getting in to it - but the sky is fab to photograph. It changes so fast!

    It is a good reminder for me to look Heavenward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on there for a few years.
    I know, it is perfect for photographs!

    That's true too, VERY good reminder.

    ReplyDelete