Saturday, 2 April 2011

April 2nd.

Lo! from the west a parting gleam
Breaks forth of amber light,
But yet behold - abrupt and loud
Comes down the glittering rain;
The farewell of a passing cloud,
The fringes of her train. 

Chaucer

This poem fits quite well today as it started bright and sunny and now it is raining. I do like the rain - I like how it makes the world smell, some how it amplifies the scent of the flowers, grass and earth. Oh and I love rainbows and how the rain sparkles as the sun catches it. Little drops of life falling on the parched ground! 

The first thing I thought of when I saw the rain today was the April Showers song from Bambi! 

Drip, drip, drop 
Little April shower
Beating a tune
As you fall all around.

Drip, drip, drop
Little April shower
What can compare
To your beautiful sound.

It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful the world is! 

Blessings, 

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment