Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Statue.


This statue has been in the garden for as long as I can remember. Up until recently I never paid much notice to it. I knew it was there but it just blended in with the rest of the garden. Lately though I have started to notice her each time I am outside. 

She sits so quietly praying. Her head bowed respectfully and her hands clasped on her knees before God. Eyes closed and trusting totally that God is there and listening with no doubt of His care. She is quiet and focussed totally on her prayers. She isn't being loud or acting wildly to get Him to notice her - it isn't necessary, she knows that. I need to learn this! God knows I exist and loves me for who I am. I don't have to act in a reckless or undisciplined manner for Him to pay attention to me. He has a plan for me even if I am as quiet as a mouse! 

Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? And one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. 

Matthew 10 : 29 - 31

Blessings, 

Jenny


1 comment:

  1. I love those times when I am on my knees, quietly focused on Him. What a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete