Monday, 14 March 2011

Made by God.

Something recently occurred to me, something I hadn't really given much thought to before. God made me. Me! He chose my hair colour, my eyes, my height and everything. This is just amazing to me. I am so blessed to have a healthy body and mind and what do I do with it? I eat unhealthy food, don't do enough exercise and don't do all those things I know I should do. 

If I know what I should be doing why aren't I just doing it? I guess for a long time I have struggled to value myself or to see myself as worth the effort. I sometimes felt worthless but God made me so I have a purpose and I have been designed to suit that purpose. Somewhere along the line I lost track of eating for health and started eating for other reasons. Eating for pleasure, eating when bored and eating emotionally. None of which are good for me. By treating myself in this way I am not cherishing this wonderful gift that God has given me. 

The big changes I am making are getting plenty of fresh air, drinking more water and eating things that God made not that are overly processed and man made. Fresh fruit and vegetables! Is there really any convenience food that compares to a fresh crisp apple or a ripe juicy strawberry?  

It seems to me that life is a series of choices and so is diet. Each time I decide what to eat or drink I am choosing to either enhance my health and value my body or to damage my health and to disrespect my body. Now, I don't expect to make the right choice every time! My aim is to pick the healthy option the majority of the time and not to feel guilty if I eat something less healthy. 

Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

Corinthians 3 : 16 - 17

Blessings, 

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment