Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Planning.

I love to be organised and to have proper plans in place to follow. At work I am super organised and that means that I get more done. I am going to apply similar organisational skills to my home life and self development.  I confess that I am a bit of a list maker! I love writing lists, especially to do lists, and I love that feeling of satisfaction when an item can be crossed off. I want my organisation tools to be practical but pretty too. I want to feel happy looking at them which will make it much more likely that I will use them. 

The Planning Tools. 

I have one binder and 3 notebooks of varying sizes. All are pink with white polka dots and each will have a separate purpose. 


The ring binder is going to be where I keep things like my Bible studies. I am following the study of the book of James with Good Morning Girls (http://www.goodmorninggirls.org/) and am learning the SOAP method. I love this method of reading and studying the Bible!

SOAP stands for

S - Scripture - write out the verses by hand. 

O - Observations - write down what God is saying in the verse.

A - Application - how the verse applies to your life.

P - Prayer - pray over what God has shown you through the verses. 

The A4 notebook is going to be about my self development. I have some books about developing my character and strengthening my faith and I think it is a good idea to write down the passages that stand out as important and my thoughts and reactions to them. That way I can analyse what I am thinking and learning and it will make sure that it really sticks in my mind and becomes a heart change.

The A5 note book will be my recipe book. If I try a recipe and love the results it will go in this book! I will also add in any amendments I make to the recipe plus any tips or things to note about the recipe. 

The tiny notebook is going to live in my handbag. I am going to write my favourite Bible verses and inspirational quotes in it so that I always have a good influence with me. Also, if I feel that I need cheering up or that I need to think about my actions I can refer to the book. The aim is that it will have the Bible verses in it that really speak to me and influence me in a positive way. 

I want the binder and notebooks to be really feminine! I love embellishing things and making them personal and pretty. 

Here are some prints that I bought from a local craft shop. Technically they are for card making but they are so cute and retro that I am going to use them on my planning tools!

There is a delightful page with a lady holding a cook book and that will be used to decorate my recipe book. They look like 1950's advertisements and I am super excited to use them! 



Behind the printed pages is a Disney Princess paper pack. This has pages of background paper such as cream with little pink hearts and green with glittery stars which will make pretty dividers for my binder. There is also a page of stickers - I love stickers! The photograph of these is shown below. They have the sweetest phrases on them such as "I'm going to be me when I grow up", "happily ever after", "there's a princess in every girl" and "if the shoe fits" - so cute! 



I am so excited to get started! I just love the idea of having everything organised so that whatever I am looking for it is right there at my finger tips. As I am also working on a hope chest I think these planning tools will fit in so well. My hope chest is going to be more of an information collection for reference and I already have a few bits and bobs for it. I just love the hope chest idea even if I am starting mine really really late! 

Blessings, 

Jenny

11 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny...sounds like you have a well thought plan there....love the images your are gonna be using...adorable...there is a couple link posted on the SPFH board for free planners pages....
    Have a Blessed day
    Tonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have great plans!! Would love to see them when they are embellished! I'm now following! If you have time, could you check out my blog and follow back?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your notebooks look adorable! So excited to have you join us in the James Study with Good Morning Girls!

    Love God Greatly!
    -Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonja - I have some weekly and monthly planners from links on SPFH. I have never been so organised - it's fab!

    Let'sMakeADifference - Your blog is so cute! I will be posting photos when my folders are decorated.

    Angela - Love GMG! So exciting and I feel much closer to God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Those stickers are really cute. What craft store did you get them at?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, I nominate you for "Miss Organization of the Year!"

    LOVE the vintage stickers, too!

    Happy organizing and may God bless your S.O.A.P.ing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Idea! I love the stickers! I hope I can find some like that! I've been using just plain old spiral notebooks for journaling lately...I'm inspired to make them pretty! :) I've been gradually getting organized with home stuff too. Thanks to our Bible Study training, I have a notebook for Bible Study now...similarly recording observation, interpretation and application/prayer. I use the spiral for prayer journaling. I have a notebook with plastic sleeves for recipes since I usually find them on line and print them out. I love the small one for verses idea!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love the 50s stickers! Your organization is inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you know how to have fun and keep in simple and, of course, organized, at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all your sweet comments! I find that a pretty notebook is far more likely to be used than a plain one.

    I got the Disney stickers from Boyes - they have quite a selection of craft products there.

    ReplyDelete