Saturday, 4 December 2010

Introduction!

Welcome to my blog! I thought that my first blog post would be the ideal place to introduce myself and to explain who I am and why I am writing a blog.  So let’s get started!

My name is Jenny, I’m in my early 20’s and I live in England. I am starting a little late but I am trying to learn all sorts of home making skills. I know, I know! I am really behind and should know all this by now but I am playing catch up. I am looking for inspiration in various books and magazines and in the world around me. I have always been old fashioned but recently I have felt called to truly embrace that side of me.

I chose the name of my blog after reading a book called Fairest Girlhood by Margaret E. Sangster

"Only in home life does a woman attain her best development, and that whether married or single, home-keeping hearts are best. Nothing on earth is so divine as a home. It is four walls and a roof, with windows to let in the sunshine, and a door to bar against the outer world, and to open to one's friends. It is a nest full of sweetness and peace. It is an asylum and a refuge and a shelter and a place of withdrawal from storm and tempest. It is a place of dignity and repose."
 

This blog will probably just be a random outpouring of thoughts as and when they occur to me. Hopefully not too random but I do think in squiggles rather than straight lines. Mostly I will write about home making skills as I try to learn them and various books I am reading. Possibly just some utter craziness too!

Blessings,

Jenny

(Comments and questions welcomed!)

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere girlfriend! Can't wait to see future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Jen. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies!

    I really hope I don't let you down!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world, Jenny! Hope you find it fun :) Don't worry about letting anyone down; this is your blog, just have a good time with it. I decided early on to never apologize for any lags between posts. Just post when you feel like you have something you want to say. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog!

    Thanks for sharing that quote; I've never read it before, but I love what it says. This is something that God has been teaching me too - that whether married or single, a home-keeping attitude, ready to tend and care for family and others is what He desires for His daughters.

    I've been blessed with a home-making mom who has taught me so much and been a good example of this to follow. We're always glad to find others who agree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so not behind! I am almost 38 and I feel like I am just learning all this and I have 3 kids!I really am enjoying your posts and honesty. i understand the struggle between "wasting" time on yourself and looking nice and feminine. I never understood how that was so easy for others and it's nice to read about how it's a struggle for someone else! Thanks! - Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruth - Thank you! I love reading old books are there are some real gems of wisdom in them.

    Kerry - It always seems to me that everyone else has it all totally together and that I am the only one with doubts so I figured I would be completely honest in my blog.

    ReplyDelete